I have updated my review of top email encryption tools for CSOonline/Network World this week. Most of the vendors have broadened the scope of their products to include anti-phishing, anti-spam and DLP. I last looked at these tools a few years ago, and have seen them evolve:
- HPE/Voltage SecureMail is now part of Micro Focus, part of an acquisition of other HPE software products
- Virtru Pro has extended its product with new features and integrations
- Inky no longer focuses on an endpoint encryption client and has instead moved into anti-phishing
- Zix Gateway rebranded and widened its offerings
- Symantec Email Security.cloud has added integrations
In my post today, I talk about recent trends in encryption and more details about each of these five products.