One of the largest insurers in the US was looking to roll out a new mobile app for its group insurance customers. Chris Woodman, an IT manager at the firm, described at Mendix World the process they went through and how Mendix was a key element to their success.
“In 2011, we wanted to develop a mobile app, but we didn’t know what we were getting into, and we had no previous mobile development experience,” he said. “Two months later we had our app deployed.” Mendix awarded the project as the outstanding effort of the year at the conference.
There are other entries that I authored during the show, and here are their links. Mendix definitely has an interesting story to tell.
- How fast can you deploy your apps?
- John Rymer from Forrester describes his favorite mobile apps
- Wrap of the first day at the conference
- Ron Tolido of Cap Gemini Europe spoke about whether your company has a business prevention department
- The student programming competition
- Wrap of the second day of the conference