HyTrust offers managers and administrators of VMware’s ESX virtual infrastructure a centralized, single point of control for hypervisor configuration, compliance, and access management that is both secure and easy to use through ordinary Web browsers.
We tested the RC version of the product in March 2009 by making a remote connection to HyTrust’s own test lab.
- ESX version 3.5 only (not ESXi)
- Works with Internet Explorer and Firefox, most current versions.
- Both Windows Server 2003/2008 domain controllers
Price: $7,500 for the appliance ($3,000 for software only) plus $500 per CPU ESX socket protected plus 25% for maintenance and support per year. Free version available to protect up to three ESX hosts but without any support contract.
- A solid collection of tools to secure your VMware ESX infrastructure
- Integrates with Active Directory and VMware vCenter policies
- Fully functional freeware version allows for experimenting and learning before purchase
- Limited to ESX currently
- Log viewer could be better integrated into the product
HyTrust Appliance 1975 W. El Camino Real, Suite 203 Mountain View, CA 94040 650-681-8100